Tyson and I took our first trip down to Thanksgiving Point to go to the petting zoo. (It was a much needed break from a large embroidery order I have been working on)! A friend/neighbor of mine and her little boy went down with us. We got down there as soon as they opened so we were able to enjoy our time without crowds of people, plus the weather was cooler, which was nice. Tyson was pretty much in awe of the large plastic cow that was in the main building, then once we got outside he headed straight for the ponies. Of course when it came time to actually get on one for his first pony ride he was not as excited. I had to constantly reassure him that he was okay and he was holding on to me pretty tight but once it was over he leaned over, gave the nice pony a pet and he was ready to get off. He enjoyed watching them from behind the fence.
Next it was over to pet the sheep then to see the turkeys, peacocks and chickens. One of the turkeys was"gobbling" away at him. I am not sure he knew what to think of this strange (ugly) looking bird.
We continued our way around and got to where the goats were. I bought some corn so that Tyson could feed them. At first he was afraid of them; when they would reach their heads toward him he would quickly take a few steps back and proceed to throw the corn at them. The goats didn't seem to mind being pelted in the face, as long as they were being fed. After some encouragement and reassurance though Tyson got to where he would give each goat one kernel at a time. It didn't take him long to make friends with the goat.





7 comments:
Cute pictures. Thanks for sharing your blog with me. I look forward to checking it out frequently.
Hey Copy Cat!
It looks really nice. My Dad called and said he hoped others in the family would do the same but I doubt it. He and my Mom just got back from Hawaii and I think he is going to do something like this so he can show all of the pictures they took.
What fun pictures! Total cuteness! Welcome to the bloggin' world. :)
I love your blog! It's so fun to see and hear about your trip to Thanksgiving Point. Love ya!
Your blog looks great. I'm glad you got it up and running so we can see what you're up to. Very cute pictures! Keep in touch!
Ahh, SO so cute! I love it! Glad you've joined the crazies :)
VALERIE!!!! I was surprised and excited to see your comment! It's been way too long! I let out a little squeal when I saw your blog and Eric was like "who is Valerie?" She's my BEER friend!!! Ha ha! How did that even get started?! Anyways, so good to hear from you and I am excited to see more about your cute little family!
Post a Comment