Tuesday, July 6, 2010

ROCKETS!!!



Ben has been building rockets with the young men these past few weeks and Tyson had so much fun watching them launch them that he and Ben built one of their own. We had to put off the launch several times due to the wind, but we finally had a calm enough day to send it flying. Unfortunately the hobby shop only had the motors for the smaller rockets in stock so Tyson's didn't go very high. He was a little disappointed but Ben plans on launching again when he can get the bigger motors.





While the boys were setting up I was taking some random pictures of Karissa. She would NOT get on the grass. She wanted to crawl to me so bad, but she couldn't handle the grass.






3 comments:

Jen Bowen said...

Very fun. I'm amazed at how old Karissa's looking. Your kids are adorable as always :).

Spencer said...

That looks like fun! My dad and I used to shoot off some really big ones when I was in high school. I still have a 7 foot one that I made around that time, but never got a chance to launch. You have to be certified to launch them and it is around 50 dollars per launch!

Julie said...

I love the look of your blog. The pictures are so cute. I remember my brothers shooting off rockets years ago. Brian passed this on to his sons as Spencer has described.