Monday, April 25, 2011

Zion's Vacation Day 2 (Emerald Pools)





Beautiful scenery!!!!





This was the first "pool" we got to.  There wasn't really a pool but a beautiful waterfall.  The trail took us underneath it which was quite muddy.  Tyson was SO worried about getting mud on his shoes.  Ben had to carry him part of the way so he wouldn't freak out about it.  Here he is trying to avoid the muddiest section of the trail.






Ben's turn to carry Karissa.


On our way back, we stopped to have a little picnic lunch.  Tyson wanted to rest and Karissa wanted out so she could run a little.  Karissa was so excited to be FREEEEE!  She was happy the entire time in the backpack, but she did enjoy running around when we let her.



She's FREEEEE!!!





Love that smile!











2 comments:

kelli said...

You guys are so cute. This looks like it was a blast! How fun.

Julie said...

I really enjoyed the Emerald Falls trail when I hiked it last November. It was really beautiful with the fall leaves at that time.

Valerie, just an fyi...I was trying to look at your blog on my home computer last night and I kept getting a warning come up about thecutestblogontheblock and that it contains malware. It said I shouldn't continue or I might have issues with that. You might want to change your block background to be something other than from that website. I was using Google Chrome as my browser. I'm looking at your blog today at work on my work laptop using Firefox and I don't get the error. Anyway, just thought I'd pass this along.