This was our second year of making our Thanksgiving Tree. This year I was more on top of things and started at the beginning of the month. To dress it up a bit Tyson and I went out and gathered various leaves flowers and twigs to make this cute banner (although the "G" was made from macaroni). Tyson and I had fun creating the letters from each piece of nature that we found. He did such a great job, I love how it turned out!
For this years tree, we had Karissa participate too. Each of the kids came up with all the things they were grateful for all on their own. Everyday the kids each put one leaf on the tree indicating one thing they were grateful for. The only stipulation was that nothing could repeat, everyday had to be something different. Mom on the other hand had to write at least five different things I was grateful for. It took me a little more time, but it helped me to really think about and ponder upon all my many blessings!
Since Tyson in writing now he was excited to write each thing down on his own. Karissa of course needed help from mom but she was so eager to tape hers up on the tree. It was such a fun experience with the kids, they loved it and I loved to hear about what they were truly grateful for!!! It has been a great way to keep the spirit of the season!
Tyson is grateful for: Jesus, family, crackers, ketchup, magazines, clothes, mom and dad, shirt, pen, church, cup, juice, food, red, ABC's, oranges, clouds, toys, tape, spoon
Karissa is grateful for: Jesus, oranges, crackers, car, window, show (movies), snow, Mommy, toys, Tyson, pumpkins, songs, juice, Daddy, light, smoothies, suckers, toast
Mommy is grateful for: Jesus, The Spirit, Ben, Tyson, Karissa, to be a wife, to be a mother, sunny days, my eyes, the gospel, ears, ability to walk, family, beauty of the earth, sun, to not be in want, Ben's job, freedoms of our country, eternal families, spirit of the holidays, creativity, reliable cars, Christ's birth, herbs, naps, warmth, dates with Ben, warm clothes, time on earth, soft bed, forgiveness, patient and loving husband, kisses, hugs, laughter of my children, all I have learned and will learn, traditions, the ability to play with my kids, cleanliness, hot showers, telephones, compliments, eye glasses, church callings, opportunities to learn, to be alive, cooking abilities, to be surrounded by amazing family, smells of the holidays, smell of pine trees, supportive husband, Christmas decorations, Ben's talents, flowers, Fall, colors of fall, talents, clear blue skies, rainy days, The Atonement, Ben's love, clean water, scriptures, playing with the kids in the snow, technology, internet, pictures, modern conveniences, memories, grocery stores, fire, light, soap and water, my body, animals, education, camera, I'm not alone, hot chocolate on cold days, safe area to live, books, warm home, good health, oxygen, plants, sleep, the giggles of the kids, warmth of the sun, answers to prayers, running water, water heaters, merciful Savior





0 comments:
Post a Comment