Friday, April 17, 2009

Tyson's and Mom's Birthday!


Tyson's and my birthday was earlier this week and what a fun day we had. To start things off I decorated the kitchen for him the night before with streamers and balloons. I was so excited to make his day a special one. When he got up that morning he was surprised to see the fun decorations, especially the balloons. For breakfast I made him his favorite, pancakes, and even made a Mickey Mouse one for him. I forgot to put the candle in the first ones he ate and by the time I finally located the matches,(put in a safe place where Tyson and evidently mom couldn't find them), his pancake was cold but he loved blowing out the candle. In fact he asked me to light it several times so he could blow it out.

After Tyson went down for his nap that day, his Grandma Sue and I make his birthday cake. I decided to make a dinosaur cake for him since I already had a pan for it. I baked the cake that morning and with Grandma's help we made the frosting and went to work. I am glad I had Sue's help otherwise it would have taken me twice as long to get it done. I was pleased with how it turned out and Tyson loved it even though I knew he probably wouldn't eat any of it.

For his birthday dinner I made him homemade pizza. I had to choose something I knew he would eat since he is such a picky eater, and he ate everything on his plate. After dinner we had a small birthday party for him with a few family members. He really got into his birthday this year which made it so much more fun for us to watch. He LOVED having Katelyn (his second cousin) here, I think that was the highlight of his day. Thanks Kate for coming and making his day so much more fun!






Tyson was so cute as we were singing "Happy Birthday" and of course getting to blow out more candles was as plus. He took one bite of the cake and didn't seem too thrilled to have it in his mouth. He's not much of a cake eater but he did have some strawberries from the strawberry shortcake I requested for my birthday cake. Thanks again Sue for the yummy cake!


Hot Wheels set


Soft cuddly bear

"McQueen!"

New story book


He really got into opening his presents this year and was excited to see what was in each package. I have to say that I was really worn out by the end of the day but I wouldn't have changed a thing. What I wanted most for my birthday was to make Tyson's day a special one. We even let Tyson stay up until 10:30pm to watch a movie with mom and dad in our bed. It was a memorable day and needless to say, we all slept very well.


These are the beautiful flowers that Ben gave me for my birthday. I absolutely love them and they smell so good. I love to look at them! Thanks, Honey!

3 comments:

Julie said...

Fun pictures and beautiful flowers! The dinosaur cake was so cute. You guys did a great job!

K P said...

you are welcome. thank you for inviting me to the birthday party.i had fun.thank you for putting me on your blog.Tyson is so cute. love Katelyn

KK said...

I am so sorry I missed your Birthday. That was the day that Kevin went to the ER and was admitted to the hospital. (By the way, he's doing fine now). I was thinking of you and hope you had a great day. I love you!