Thursday, September 23, 2010

Car Wash & Nature Scavanger Hunt

I was trying to come up with some activities that I could do with Tyson while Karissa was napping this morning and thought that washing the car might be fun for him.  It rained yesterday and the car was covered in spots so I thought, why not!  Tyson had a ball spraying the car with water then helping me put bubbles all over it.  He is such a great helper!  He was having fun until he smacked his head on one of the side mirrors, then he didn't want to help anymore and just wanted to watch.




While all of this was going on I was taking pictures here and there of Tyson.  When we finished and went inside he asked if he could take a few pictures with my SLR camera.  He thought that was the coolest thing and that his pictures of the carpet and random toys were awesome.  They were pretty good considering he had never used a camera.  I then got the idea to do a scavenger hunt and let him use our old point and shoot to take pictures of the things we found.  Tyson got excited about the idea so we got Karissa up and headed out on a walk.  The theme was to take pictures of things that are alive and things that aren't.  He took pictures of everything and after each picture he would say, "GOT IT!"  All of the pictures you see he took all by himself!  He was having so much fun and he did such a great job, maybe he will become a photographer when he gets older ; )  The best thing about this little outing was that when we got home he said, "Mom, I had fun!"  It's nice to know that I'm not boring all the time ; )

 Things that are ALIVE!



Things that are NOT ALIVE!

5 comments:

kelli said...

Ah! That is so cute! I love it.
He actually did pretty good with that photography stuff! I am IMPRESSED. Way to go, Tyson.

Julie said...

I am also impressed. Very good job, Tyson! Great idea for a fun activity, Valerie! Love you guys!

JayDee said...

What a great idea! I always worry that I won't be fun enough when Parker gets to be Tyson's age. I will definitely have to put these things on our to do list!

sue said...

Thank you for sharing your adventures with us. You are such a great mom and you find such creative ways for Tyson to learn and have fun! Love you!

Anonymous said...

The hose pictures remind me of the time ben came home and they were playing outside and he kept squirting ben with the hose and ben would run away and tyson would giggle. Those pictures were cute too!

you are such a creative mom! i will have to write down those activities when david is bigger!