Tuesday, June 28, 2011

Mommy & Karissa Date 6/10/11

    

Once we got the boys off we got ready to head out ourselves.  As I was gathering my shoes and purse I noticed Karissa mimicking my every move.  She even went and found her little purse and swung it on her shoulder like I do.  It was so darn cute!  With purses in hand we asked grandma to take a picture of the two of us to document the occasion before heading out the door.
  Our first stop, the mall, where we could ride the merry-go-round and the train.  In the car I was trying to get Karissa all excited by telling her we were going to go ride the horses.  Once there as soon as she saw the merry-go-round she started running toward it. She could hardly wait for me to buy the token and once in the gate she headed straight for the....rooster?  Yep, out of all the pretty horses my little girl chose the rooster.  (My initial thought was, out of all the pretty and cute animals in the world, why would one put a rooster on a merry-go-round)?  Well, apparently it's for little girls like Karissa, but hey, whatever makes her happy, right? Anyway, she loved that ride.  We were the only ones riding and she enjoyed every minute of it.  It wasn't easy trying to get pictures of her, it's hard to stand on a spinning platform trying to keep from falling over while taking a picture and staying close to Karissa at the same time.  I thought for sure I would be feeling a little sick by the end but I did okay.  When the ride was over she wanted to sit on the zebra before we left.  She really did not want to leave the merry-go-round but after some coaxing we managed to walk away after I bribed her with some pizza.  (Note-to-self, don't eat the pizza from the mall). 

 After dinner I tried to get Karissa interested in the train but she wouldn't have it, the merry-go-round is what she wanted.  So, to the merry-go-round we went and this time she wanted the zebra.  Once she had her fill of that went down stairs to throw pennies in the fountain.  She could have stayed there for quite some time if I hadn't have run out of pennies. 

 Finally, on our way out of the mall we stopped at the little riding toys.  She climbed right up on this little truck and was having a fabulous time, that is until I put money in it and actually made it move.  Once the movement and loud, obnoxious music started she DID NOT want to sit in it.  I had to hold her until it stopped and only then would she climb in and play some more.  After our adventures at the mall we met some friends for ice cream before heading home.  It was a great night spent with my little girl!!! 

0 comments: