Saturday, July 16, 2011

4th of July, 2011

The Family
Since this was Karissa's first year to experience fireworks I was a little worried about how she would react, but she loved them!  If they were too loud for her she simply covered her ears or sat in my lap so that I could cover them for her.  Tyson got to help daddy light them, which he thought was so cool!  We couldn't have asked for better weather either... temperatures in the 80's and overcast skies.  The weather was perfect, in my opinion.  I LOVE summer rain showers, but I was grateful that the rains held out until later on in the evening, after our fun. 
Karissa with her Pop-Its!


Tyson riding his bike while daddy gets everything ready.

Karissa's first sparkler.  (They just aren't as cool as they used to be).




Tyson with his sparkler.


Snakes...not too exciting, but a tradition non-the-less.



Tyson lighting the fireworks.



Karissa and Melissa


Looking at Potato Bugs

Great Grandma & Grandpa Jones



0 comments: