First stop, the King Vulture. For a bird that is not so pretty, this particular species of vulture was pretty in its own way with its brightly colored head. I never knew how large these birds are.
The Golden Eagles were so pretty and majestic looking. These birds and the Bald Eagles were magnificent and neither species were caged. From what I read, these birds had been severely injured and they can no longer fly. Kind of sad, but at least they are well taken care of here.
Tyson kept talking about wanting to see the flamingos on the drive over to the aviary. These particular ones weren't as big as others I have seen, but cool non the less.
These birds, the Scarlet Ibis, were probably my favorite due to their vibrant red color. They were beautiful!
 |
| Silly pictures |
|
 |
| Tyson & Karissa |
 |
| Katelyn and Tyson |
 |
| Tyson, Katelyn, Karissa & Kathy, waiting for the bird show to start. |
 |
| Beautiful owl |
 |
| Blue Macaw |
The bird show was fun to watch and it allowed the kids to get a closer look at some of the different types of birds. They even asked for volunteers several times during the show. I guess we will just have to visit again and try again to be one of the lucky helpers next time! What a fun day!!!
0 comments:
Post a Comment