Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Candy Dilemma


Ah yes, yet another candy holiday and the dilemma of what to do with it all. I have never been one for lots of sweets, although I do have my occasional cravings for something sweet now and again. Growing up I preferred other foods such as vegetables and fruit over candy, cakes and cookies. My mom said it was a little difficult finding things that she could bribe me with when it came time to potty train yet we go through it. When it came to any candy holidays, (Christmas, Halloween, Easter), I would stash my "loot" so that my siblings couldn't eat it, of course I wasn't planning on eating it either so needless to say I would forget about it and then find it a year or so later (I had some pretty good hiding places). By then it was really gross and had to be thrown away but the important thing was that no one else ate it. Yeah, you could say my way of thinking back then was a little skewed but hey, when you have as many siblings as I do you tend to be a little over protective of what things, or candy in this case, you do have.


Tyson has been much like me in that aspect, he's not a big candy or sweets connoisseur. Sure he'll take a bite or two of some sweet goody, but if you offer him a banana that is definitely his food of choice and he'll scarf it down and then ask for more. It will be interesting to see if his cravings for sweets increase as he gets older...I'm hoping not. But there is still the dilemma of what to do with the candy he does get. I certainly don't want to eat it and I don't need to hoard it from anyone, so I guess we can either recycle it and give it away or simply throw it away.


If any of you out there have a sweet tooth and would like a little extra candy, let us know and it is yours!

4 comments:

Julie said...

If I had my choice, I go for salty stuff over the sweet stuff (chips, crackers, etc.) but I do like chocolate, caramel and nuts.

Jess said...

Brad sure loves chocolate. I'm sure he wouldn't mind doing you a favor and taking it off your hands. :)

K P said...

Recycle. Recycle. :) Tonight's a great night for it. HAPPY HALLOWEEN!

Tammy said...

That is amazing! You are so lucky you don't have to "fight" with candy cravings! I wish that was the case in our house! I'd say throw it all away! Its so empowering! That is wonderful Tyson takes after you! It will save him lots of tummy aches in the coming years!