I thought I should probably document this since it was quite the project to take on as it turned out. Last year I decided that I wanted to make Tyson something that he could play with and hopefully pass on to his children in the future. I had seen a lot of different quiet books over the years and thought they were such a good idea, but I hadn't seen any that I just loved. So, I got the crazy idea to design and make my own. My original idea was to make them for family and close friends but I was very naive in thinking that they would be simple and quick to make. My "simple" yet "brilliant" creative idea became quite the epic ordeal, but when I do something it has to be just so and the best it can be. Besides, my little boy deserves the best, or at least the best his mom can do, right?:)
Monday, October 20, 2008
Quiet Book for Tyson
It was so much fun designing the pages, but it wasn't until I scanned them in to the computer and digitized them for the embroidery machine that I realized how labor intensive this project would be. Anyway, it probably took a couple of months to complete, but to see something that started as a simple thought become reality was very gratifying! Afterall it was quite the accomplishment for me! Definately a labor of love!!!!!
I have made a couple more since, in fact I just finished the last one but they were a limited run, I don't plan on making any more. Sorry to all you family and friends, I did have good intentions when I started the project but there are other projects I would like to do and these quiet books just take too much time!
My next project, a quilt for Tyson. That should occupy me for a while especially since I've never made one before (this could be scary)!
I bought a three ringed organizer for the back to hold coloring crayons and pencils, and included a coloring book as well. The perfect church activity book.....now, if only Tyson liked to play with it......
Posted by Valerie at 2:15 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





6 comments:
Holy masterpiece! That is an incredible quiet book.
You've got skills.
Definitely a work of art! You are very talented and creative! Great job!
Like Jess said, "You've got skills!"
You are so creative! It turned out so cute and what an accomplishment!
This quiet book is amazing! It will be a family heirloom! You have been blessed with such creativity.
That book turned out so well. You're very talented. I had actually thought about making a quiet book as well but have never gotten around to it. I can sympathize though with thinking up ideas for projects and then realizing part way through that it's a much bigger project than you thought it'd be.
Wow... That's pretty stinking awesome. Way to go!
Post a Comment