I am a bit behind on my posting, but I couldn't neglect to post a few pictures of the fun we had on Ben's birthday. Yes, it was the big 3-0, although he said it just felt like any other day. To start off Tyson and I went and bought some mini gourmet cupcakes from a cupcake shop downtown for Ben's special day. He didn't really want a cake because of the leftovers that would be calling out to us at all hours of the day. So, I thought why not a few cupcakes, that way we have smaller portions and no leftovers. Tyson helped me pick a few different varieties and we even got to sample one in the shop, I have to say that I was a little disappointed. When I think of "gourmet" cupcakes I think mouthwatering, moist, flavorful, decadent cupcakes that I couldn't possibly recreate at home. Well, none of the above. To tell you the truth they were a bit dry and too sweet for my taste, but they looked pretty. Needless to say I can't remember the name of the cupcake shop. Hey, it's the thought that counts, right?
Anyway, as we were leaving I thought that I would call Ben to see if he had time to have a birthday lunch with his two favorite people. Ben suggested a popular deli not too far from his work, and that definitely made up for the disappointing cupcakes, YUM! It was great to spend that time together!
That evening Ben wanted nothing more than to take Tyson to Classic Skating to play on the inflatable toys. Our friends Ryan and Hydee met us there with their family and we all had a great time. I was the official photographer since I couldn't get on the toys. We have taken Tyson there before and he had a great time but this time he was a little scared of the slides and things. There were a lot more people there this time though. There were kids everywhere and he seems to get a bit overwhelmed when there is so much commotion.
We ended the night by having dinner at the Mayan. We had to wait a while for our table but the food was good and the kids LOVED the entertainment. All in all Ben had a great birthday!
Happy 30th, Honey! I love you more each passing day!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Ben's 30th Birthday!!!
Posted by Valerie at 12:51 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
Hard to believe I have a son that is 30. This must mean I'm really 51 after all. Ben has been such a blessing to Doug & I. He changed our lives forever (in a great way!).
Sounds like you had a Happy Birthday Ben! Love you lots!!!
Wow--I can't believe that we're all growing up. 30 seemed so old when we would all play at gma and gpa's house.
And a happy birthday to Ben!
Post a Comment