My sweet boy (with bed-head) and oh, so cute!
Loves of my life!
We celebrated Valentine's a few days early this year since Tyson and I were in California for the official day. Ben had been away at a conference in Florida for several days prior so the day after he got back and the day before Tyson and I left we decided would be our special Valentine's Day. I spent the few days leading up to it making decorations, cards and a special Valentine's basket for Tyson. Growing up my mom would make up these paper heart baskets for each of us kids. She would ask us what our favorite candy was (for that year) and place it in each one. She and my dad would gather us into one bedroom of the house and one by one place each of our baskets outside the door, knock, then run. (Like we didn't know who the Valentine's fairy was....right!) It was a fun memory and tradition we had, just the anticipation of who would be getting their basket next was exciting. Well, I thought that I would start that tradition for our family. I didn't do the knock and run thing this year, but he thought his basket was pretty cool. Valentine's basket made of felt.
Ben had some minor surgery that afternoon to remove a few moles, not too fun, but afterwards we had the opportunity to enjoy a yummy dinner at the Cheesecake Factory just the two of us. It's always nice to get away with just my sweetie for a few hours! The rest of the evening was spent together as a family before we were separated again for five days. The best way to spend Valentine's was with the two loves of my life!
Friday, February 27, 2009
Valentine's Day
Posted by Valerie at 1:27 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





3 comments:
What a fun tradition! The Valentine basket is adorable! Cute pictures, too! Love you guys!!!
That is a fun tradition. I'd never heard of it before. Good job on the felt basket. Did you have a pattern or did you make it up?
Jen,
I had a pattern I got off the internet. It was VERY easy!
Post a Comment