Tyson and I headed to California a few weeks ago to visit my family. I was dying to get out of the snow and since we had to cancel our trip during Christmas I thought why not. Ben had a conference in Florida a few days before and was unable to get more time off on such short notice so he couldn't come. This was Tyson's first ride on an airplane and he did very well! The take off was pretty loud as they always are so he covered his ears and continued to do so for most of the flight. It didn't take him long to fall asleep once we were in the air and yes, his hands were still firmly pressed against his ears.
I was a little disappointed to reach my parents house only to find MORE SNOW! We were even snowed in the following day. Sure, I leave Utah to get OUT of the snow only to vacation in....snow! Oh well, at least I got to spend lots of time with my parents and sisters. Tyson kept himself entertained by chasing the cats. My parents have at least six cats so when Tyson chased one cat away there were several more to terrorize. Most just hid, but there were two in particular that weren't too smart. Tyson thought it was the funniest thing to see how fast they could run.
One of our days was spent shopping with my mom and sisters. We really didn't buy much but enjoyed the time together as well as a nice lunch (thanks April!). Oh, my sister April, by-the-way, got engaged while I was there. I am so excited and happy for her, we all LOVE her fiance and wish them all the happiness in the world!!! Hopefully I will be able to attend the wedding!
All in all Tyson and I had a good time with the family! I got to see everyone but one brother and my niece. I miss them TONS!
Everything on our trip went pretty smooth up until it was time to board the plane to come home. Tyson and I were patiently waiting in line to board when he convienently pooped his pants. At that point it was too late to run to the bathroom to change him but to make matters worse, he proceeds to reach his hand down his pants (this was a first) when I wasn't looking. He then looks up at me reaches his hand up and tells me, "mommy,yucky". Luckily there wasn't much on his had to really notice by surrounding passangers but horrified I grab a napkin out of my pocket, wiped his hand off and then grabbed his wrist and told him not to touch a thing! When boarding I don't think the other passengers could have taken their seats any slower. I was worried about washing his hands and changing his diaper so that the other passengers didn't have to endure an hour and 45 minute flight of putrid smell. Once we reached our seats I pulled out the wipes and cleaned his hands. I knew that I wouldn't be able to change him or wash his hands until we were in the air and the fasten seatbelt sign had been turned off. Which brings me too having to change a diaper in a airplane bathroom. There is not much room for one person to move around in there, and I'm not that big, let alone to try and change a diaper. That was an experience in and of itself, but we managed and finally got to wash Tyson's hands with soap. Once that was taken care of I was able to relax a bit for the rest of the flight.
Wow, just when I thought that traveling alone with a 2 1/2 year old was not that big of a deal the error in my thinking was quickly remedied. Anything can happen at the most inopportune times. All you can do is laugh!
Saturday, February 28, 2009
Sunny California vacation.....NOT!
Posted by Valerie at 8:46 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Poop stories always make me laugh. Guess that just goes to show that I'm a boy.
Post a Comment