I love birthdays, especially when they are Ben's or one of the kids! I love to decorate and make the fun cakes and just make them feel that they are extra special throughout the day. This day was Karissa's 2nd birthday and what a great day it was!!! The night before, Tyson and I decorated with streamers and balloons. Ben had the idea to keep the decorations more at her eye level so, that is what I did. I kept them all lower so that when she got up in the morning and walked out of the bedroom she would have them right there to enjoy. She was so excited to see the balloons on the wall and even told us which ones were hers and which were Tyson's. (I thought it was cute that she wanted to share with her brother).
 |
| Karissa's Rapunzel doll. |
A few weeks ago Karissa got some money from Uncle Mike but she had no where to keep it. So, Tyson decided that he wanted to get Karissa a piggy bank for her birthday. We went on a hunt for the perfect bank that wasn't outrageously overpriced, and we finally found one. Tyson picked it out all by himself and wrapped it, with a little help from mom. He was so excited to give it to her and she was so excited when she opened the gift! Throughout the morning all Karissa wanted to do was put her coins in, have me remove the plug from the bottom and then dump the coins out. Both she and Tyson were taking turns putting the coins in. Everything was going great until Karissa hit Tyson in the eye with the thing. Of course I had to take it away for a while and at that point we had tears from both of them, but getting hit in the eye with a ceramic piggy bank...OUCH, not okay!
 |
| Karissa with her new piggy bank. |
|
 |
| Karissa giving Tyson a hug to say 'thank you' for the piggy bank. |
0 comments:
Post a Comment