Saturday, August 6, 2011

Karissa's 2nd Birthday (part 2)

After Daddy left for work Tyson thought that Karissa would like "pancake balls" for breakfast, so I made a batch.  Karissa ate one or two and then wanted cereal.  Not too exciting but both kids got what they wanted which meant both kids were happy!!!
Karissa with her birthday cereal.


After breakfast we went out on a bike ride to the "big" park.  This is something we do almost everyday anyway, but the kids love it and we all have a great time.  Karissa's favorite thing at the park is the swing.  It is pretty much all she wants to do.  Tyson has learned to swing himself this summer so I don't have to worry about keeping both kids happy on the swings at the same time, which is helpful.  They played until they were done then we headed home.

Once home, it was lunch time and then nap time for Karissa.  Then it was time to start the cupcakes.  I chose to do little ice cream cone cupcakes which actually turned out pretty cute.  Tyson helped me set up the cones while I filled them, then once baked and cooled it was time to frost.  This part was a bit tricky since they ended up top heavy.  I put the frosting on and Tyson's job was to put on the sprinkles.  Once done I was attempting to move them from the table to the counter and....disaster!   Four of them tumbled to the ground landing frosted end up.  Tyson started crying because he thought they were ruined.  Thankfully I was able to just pick up the cone leaving the frosting behind and re frost them.  TAH DAH! Good as new.  I had to stuff foil around the inside of the cupcake tins so that the cones would have a stable place to sit.  It worked great and no more disasters, thank goodness!


Aside from the ice cream cone cupcakes I made a special Elmo cupcake for Karissa.  I didn't really want to make a bunch of Elmo cupcakes for everyone, too much time and WAY too much red food coloring! (No, I did not let Karissa eat much of the red frosting)!  The Elmo could have turned out better, but I just used what I had on hand, and it wasn't too bad.  Karissa loved it and that is all that matters!

For our usual tradition we invited the extended family to join us for Karissa's party.  Everyone ate lots of ice cream and cake and just enjoyed being together.  Karissa was pretty tired by the time the party ended but I think she had a wonderful day!  HAPPY BIRTHDAY, Karissa!!!  We sure do love you and are so grateful you are part of our family!!!


Blowing out her candles.



She didn't want to touch it so this is how she started eating it.






Oh, how I love our family!!!



O course she had to have one of each type of cupcake.

My baby girl is just growing up too fast!!!!

Doll house from Grandpa Bailey for when she's a little older.  At one point she was actually trying to put her little head through the door.

Fun outfit from Melissa.

Books from Great Grandma & Grandpa Jones.  Both Karissa and Tyson LOVE books!


Book from Mom and Dad.



Play food set from Grandma and Grandpa Bailey

Tyson thought this was pretty cool too.  Aunt Julie was even playing too!


Who can resist taste testing!


Great Grandpa Jones having a great time playing with the kids.



0 comments: