Thursday, August 14, 2008

Cleaning Tip

Okay, for those of you out there who are always looking for a great new miracle cleaner I think I have one to share. I like to keep my eyes and ears open to great cleaning solutions especially if they are non-toxic ( I don't like to use harmful chemicals around Tyson if I can at all avoid it). Well, I had a little mishap in my oven yesterday when cooking dinner which made a mess all over the bottom. Yes, I do have a self cleaning oven but who wants to heat up their living space by having the oven on for several hours and then of course the awful smell that goes along with that that lasts for days? My solution, that works pretty darn good in my opinion, is cream of tartar and vinegar. You simply make a thin paste by adding vinegar to some cream of tartar (you might need quite a bit of cream of tartar if it is a big job)! Next you apply the paste to the spills and spatters in the oven. Let it sit for a few minutes and then take your trusty ole steel wool and scrub away. Actually it shouldn't take too much scrubbing. Then wipe it out with a wet sponge or cloth. Voila, you have a clean oven.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

OOOO! that sounds great! i use vinegar for everything too because it is non toxic and really cheap compared to other cleaning stuff, and it deoderizes without funny smells. thanks for sharing!

K P said...

Thanks for the tip! I'll have to give it a try.