Friday, August 15, 2008

Gardens @ Thanksgiving Point









If you have never been to the Gardens at Thanksgiving Point I would highly recommend going! It was gorgeous! Tyson and I spent the morning there with Uncle Rob (Ben's uncle). Ben wasn't too interested in going so when Rob said he wanted to go I jumped at the chance. It was a great opportunity for Tyson and I to get to know him better!

The flowers were beautiful and the weather was perfect for a stroll through the gardens. I think Tyson found every bird that was there and he spotted all the flowers and topiaries that resembled balls. The fountains, stream and waterfalls were also favorites of his; he even found a rock or two to through in when he could. I had a great time taking pictures and could have spent a few more hours there snapping more.
By the time we left to go to lunch Tyson was worn out. He fell asleep as soon as I put him in the car, which is unusual for him. The two minute drive across the property to where we ate was not much of a nap for him, but he did quite well while we ate. Tyson had warmed up to Rob and was holding his hand by the end of our outing. Rob even bought him a soft little ball while we were there.

Thanks uncle Rob for treating us to a special day and spending time with us!

5 comments:

Julie said...

Beautiful photography, Valerie! You do great work! I remember Ben LOVED balls when he was little too so Tyson is taking after his dad, it sounds like.

Sue said...

Such cute photos of Tyson. The gardens are so pretty. We'll have to plan a day to go!

Anonymous said...

what fun pictures! tyson is growing up so fast! it looks like you guys had a blast! i can't wait to do things like that with david and mike!

K P said...

Awesome pictures! I need to check that place out. Thanks for sharing!

KK said...

It's so fun to see what you've been up to. Great pictures! It looks like you've been having fun. I also really like your playlist. Especially the Rob Thomas song. A's teacher put that on his kindergarten dvd and it always makes me cry.