Saturday, January 10, 2009

Family Addition

For those of you who haven't heard, we are expecting baby #2, due August 1st. I finally had my first appointment this past week. Hearing the baby's heartbeat is always exciting and makes it all seem more real. I am 11 weeks along and have been much sicker with this pregnancy than I was with Tyson (hopefully that means it's a girl)! The morning sickness seems to have been tapering off this week, which I am SOOOOO grateful for! I have actually been able to cook a few real meals without dashing to the bathroom. Poor Ben and Tyson have been living on quesadillas, sandwiches, frozen burritos, Ramen, etc and the main staples of my diet have been Wheaties and Shredded Wheat. It is nice to finally be at a point where other foods actually sound appetizing. I am eager to get us back on a more healthy diet!

I really want Tyson to be involved with the whole pregnancy so he accompanied me to my first appointment. He didn't quite understand that the sound he heard was actually the baby in mommy's belly, but I think he will understand more with each subsequent appointment. Before we left the office Tyson was given a small 11 week old baby doll to take home. He immediately stuck the head in his mouth and bit it. Once I explained that it was a baby he gave it hugs and kisses, it was so cute! It makes me even more excited for this baby especially to have Tyson be a part of everything that is going on! My hope in having him involved is that he will develop an even closer bond to his brother or sister.

10 comments:

Wells Family said...

Congraduations!!! We are sooo excited for you guys!!!

Julie said...

I'm glad you are starting to feel better, Valerie. I hope everything goes well.

K P said...

CONGRATULATIONS!!! :) We are so happy for you guys! What great news!

Tammy said...

Yay! How exciting for you guys! Glad you are starting to feel better too! Congratulations!

Bradwich said...

Congrats! And maybe you should post a picture of the fetus doll--I know that I, for one, am curious about what it looks like.

Jenn said...

Congratulations from us, too! :)

Anonymous said...

Congrats! Sorry you have been so sick. Hopefully it will pass soon. I am so excited for you. Tyson will make a great big brother!

Jen Bowen said...

We're also so excited for you guys! Congrats! I remember the days when cereal was the main staple of my diet. I love how Tyson is able to get involved.

kelli said...

Aww, how fun! That is so exciting, and I'm so happy for you guys. Congratulations :D Love you lots!

sue said...

A new grandbaby to love! It doesn't get any better than that! Love ya!