Tuesday, March 3, 2009

IT"S A....

GIRL!!!

Our smiley little girl looking right at us!


I had an ultrasound yesterday and yes in fact we are having a little girl. The OB kept checking from different angles just to make sure. He said she was measuring right on for 18 weeks, if not a little bigger, and that everything looked perfect. It's always a relief to hear a doctor say that everything looks normal! We pray everyday that she will continue to grow and develop as she should.

We took Tyson along with us hoping he would be interested and he was for the first 2-3 minutes but that was long enough for him to get bored of staring at a black and white blob on a monitor. Unfortunately Ben wasn't able to be as involved as he wanted because he was busy trying to keep our little boy from touching things and running out the door. We got some good photos though.

Seeing our little girl on that screen was such a miracle! She is definitely a mover. It took some time for the OB to get a profile shot of her little face, She was facing us most of the time smiling and moving her little hands. I have never seen an ultrasound photo of a baby smiling but she sure was.

I am so happy that Tyson will have a little sister. I loved having a big brother growing up! Hopefully Tyson and his sister will be as close as my brother and I were! We can't wait to meet this sweet, happy little spirit!

14 comments:

Wells Family said...

congratulations! That is awesome! Tyson, (my Tyson) will be so jealous. He wants a girl so bad.

Melissa said...

Congratulations! We are very excited for you!

K P said...

Congratulations! What wonderful news! Do you have any girl names you like?

Tammy said...

Yay! Girls are so sweet! And the clothes...so fun! Congratulations on a healthy baby girl!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Girl clothes are so cute to look at. Plus they have all the cute accessories for their hair and bracelets. I am jealous!

Jen Bowen said...

Yay! You were hoping for a girl. I'm so excited for you and your family!

sue said...

We are SO excited for this little girl to join our family! She has already captured our hearts and we can't wait to hold her in our arms and whisper how much we love her.

Nancy and Spencer said...

WAHOOOO!!! We're totally excited for you!

kelli said...

YAHOO! That's so exciting. Congratulations! That is one lucky baby. Love you!

Jenn said...

Congratulations!! We love having a little girl and we know you will, too. Glad to hear that she is strong, healthy, and smiling already. :)

KK said...

Congrats!! I knew it!! Bring on the girl clothes!!!

Anonymous said...

Wow! congrats! that is so neat to see her smiling! if i were your baby i would be so excited to be coming to your family, i would be smiling too! you guys are such great parent! ... does this mean she will like looking at the camera and getting pictures taken? ...yeah, she's a girl!
we love you guys!

Mandy said...

I'm so excited for you guys! Congrats!

Julie said...

Horray for another girl in the family! Congratulations! Love you!