Thursday, March 19, 2009

Beading First



A couple of weeks ago I joined Ben's mom and his cousin Melissa for a girls day out. We went to lunch and then headed to Hobby Lobby to look at all the cool stuff there. Well, we ended up in the bead isle and decided to pick out some beads to create our own piece of jewelry. Sue has been making jewelry for a little while now and has slowly accumulated the tools needed and read many book and magazines to learn some of the techniques of the craft. We were in that bead isle a long time trying to decide on what we wanted then finally headed home to start our masterpieces. I chose mainly black beads to match a black maternity dress I had found a few weeks earlier. I have to say that I think I could really get into the jewelry making hobby, especially if it means doing it a lot cheaper than buying already made! I don't buy jewelry/accessories much due to the cost.

We had a great time visiting and creating! Thanks to Sue for all her help, tips and encouragement! She is a talented jewelry maker!

This is the necklace I made. I decided to think outside the box a little and go asymmetrical. I usually like balance, but I wanted something a bit more fun!

4 comments:

sue said...

I'm always amazed at how creative you are! It was fun to see some each other's ideas! We'll definetly have to do it again!

Julie said...

So pretty! Wow, I love it! I have only made earrings and a few bracelets. Oh, and also a couple lanyards for my work name badge. If you guys do it again, I'd love to join you.

K P said...

You are very talented! I love how it turned out! So pretty!

kelli said...

That is SO pretty..! I want one.. :)