Friday, July 10, 2009

First Family Campout

Our first family camp out and at eight and a half months pregnant I'm not quite sure what I was thinking. We went up Little Cottonwood Canyon to Tanner's Flat campground. It sure was beautiful! Originally I was just going to go up to have dinner with Ben and Tyson, head home to sleep in my own bed then go back up the next morning. Well, I thought I would be adventurous and stay overnight. Ben took the air mattress up for me just in case but our air pump was broken. Being the sweet hubby he is he tried to blow it up for me. I knew he would be there for hours so instead we took the two pads he had for he and Tyson and layered them up for me. Ben slept on the "slightly" blown up air mattress and we folded an extra blanket up for Tyson's padding. Tyson sure didn't have any problem sleeping but Ben and I sure did. We made it through though. I only had to get up once to use the bathroom in the night which is amazing for me at this point. Ben was sure to ask for a campsite that was close to the bathroom for my sake, thanks Honey!

As uncomfortable as I was trying to sleep I am glad that I stuck it out to be with my family! Tyson was excited to have both mom and dad there. We roasted hot dogs and marshmallows and played in the tent. The next morning Tyson was up at 6:00am and ready to go. The only thing Tyson wanted to do was go down to the water to throw rocks in. We had to let daddy wake up some first, have breakfast and pack things up but once it was time to see the water Tyson was all excited. I was surprised when after only about 20 minutes of rock throwing he told us that he wanted to go home. Ben and I were okay with that so we were home by 9:00am. For our first family camping trip we had a good time together!


Mom and Tyson enjoying our hot dogs. Wow, I can really see the baby weight.


My adorable little boy hammin' it up.



My sweetie trying to blow up the air mattress so I would be more comfortable. What a great hubby I have!


RRRAAAAHHHRRR!!!



Good morning!


Tyson must have his bear when he sleeps, too cute!


Playing by the water.


The beautiful scenery!


Dad and Tyson playing by the water.

2 comments:

sue said...

Wow, Valerie you are amazing! Camping out at this stage of your pregnancy. Ben, you are as always so thoughtful, trying to blow up the mattress for her.

It was fun to see your photos of the campout. Some sweet memories were made!

Jen Bowen said...

What a fun camp out. That's pretty cute how Ben tried to blow up the mattress or you. As always, the pictures of Tyson are adorable. One thing I thought was funny was that we went camping 3 days before I went into labor and had Zach and he came 12 days early. I wonder if that's a good way speed things up? Congratulations on Karissa's arrival! I'm so excited for you and can't wait to meet her!