We had a relaxing 4th of July this year. Ben and I decided to celebrate our anniversary early so that we could have a little overnight getaway just the two of us. (Thank you so much Doug and Sue for taking such great care of Tyson for us!!!!!!!!!!) Friday night we went to dinner and a movie and then stayed at the Little America in downtown Salt Lake. It was so nice to have some time with just Ben!
I have to say that the breakfast we had delivered to our room the next morning was amazing. I had heard that the food at that hotel was good and it was! You don't find too many restaurants anymore who make their own Hollandaise Sauce for their Eggs Benedict...YUMMY!!! Not to mention the pastries and the muffins, WOW! Okay, so it wasn't a low calorie breakfast but well worth it!
After breakfast we headed up to Park City to shop the outlets. I saw some of the cutest baby girl clothes, but resisted the urge to buy anything. I kept telling myself that if I just wait another month they will be marked down even further. I am kicking myself now for not buying at least one adorable outfit. At least the outlets aren't too far away! The only thing we came away with was a shirt for Ben. I loved looking at all the clothes for me but being eight months pregnant I obviously can't try anything on but maternity clothes and I won't have much use for those in another month or so. I will just have to be patient and reward myself with some new clothes once I lose some of the baby weight. Something to shoot for anyway!
Ben and I were home by mid afternoon and we spent the rest of the day with Tyson. We only bought a few fireworks this year since Tyson freaked out at them last year. His favorites were the little poppers you throw on the ground, but he preferred to stomp on them. He was having a great time.
We avoided the noisy fireworks this year, I can't say I enjoy the super loud ones like the Whistling Petes...I hate those! Anyway, we had our own little display with grandma and grandpa. We couldn't have asked for better weather outside, it was so pleasant. For the 24th we will have to expand our selection of fireworks since Tyson liked them so much!
Thursday, July 9, 2009
July 4th
Posted by Valerie at 1:39 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





1 comments:
Oh my goodness. Your little family is so cute. What great grandparents Tyson has! And parents :) Love you guys so much!
Post a Comment