Thursday, July 9, 2009

Play date with the ducks!



I decided this morning that today would be the perfect day to have a little play date with the ducks at Daybreak. I love to be around the water as does Tyson plus he loves to see the ducks. So, I packed up what older bread and buns I had and off we went. Tyson thought it was pretty funny watching the ducks dart for and fight over the pieces of bread. He has a pretty good arm too, and managed to pelt several of them in the head. He probably could have sat there all day throwing bread at them.

Once the bread was gone we went on a walk and discovered lots of things. We saw all the geese, the various different kinds of wild flowers in bloom, several dragonflies, a butterfly and we found some mud birds nests around the lights in the tunnels. Tyson loved to see the little birds poking their heads out as we walked underneath them. Unfortunately walking isn't something I do too well these days so we didn't go too far, but it sure was nice to be outside! It was a beautiful day and what made it even better was to have a special outing with my favorite little boy!






You can't see them too well, but there are several mud nests around each of the lights.

0 comments: