Friday, December 3, 2010

November crafts with Tyson

Well, I had planned to do more Thanksgiving crafts with Tyson, but I ended up being sick for most of November so my motivation and energy levels were pretty much nonexistent.  We did have a chance to make a Thanksgiving tree and a pumpkin turkey though.

For the month of November I really wanted to try and focus more on the things I was grateful for. So I drew a tree, Tyson helped me color it and cut it out then we traced our hands over and over to make the "leaves".  For each day of the month we each took a hand cutout and I wrote what we were thankful for for that day.  We did miss a few days but it was fun to hear what Tyson was thankful for each day:

Tyson's grateful for:
prayer
movies
magnets
watch
Daddy
cereal
fish
Great Grandma
airplanes
snow & rain
crackers
Heavenly Father created him
hands
tables
Grandma & Grandpa
feathers
crayons
friends
playdough
cups
clothes
Heavenly Father & Jesus
ornaments

Mommy's grateful for:
Beauty of the Earth
Daddy, Tyson & Karissa
sleep
good health
eternal families
flowers
our home
hot water
eyes and ears (so I can watch my kids grow and hear them laugh and play)
body
answers to prayers
family
friends
ability to walk
our freedom
the gospel
forgiveness
food & water
indoor plumbing (especially in the winter!!!)
hugs and kisses
smiles

We had fun adding to our tree each day and having up where we could see it all day everyday was a great reminder to have an "attitude of gratitude". 




Finally, for our final craft we made Cannon, the pumpkin turkey.  Don't ask me why Tyson named him Cannon, but whatever, at least he has a name, right?  Tyson helped me cut out the feathers and glue them onto the skewers.  I poked the holes in the pumpkin then helped Tyson put Cannon together.  I thought he turned out pretty cute and we had so much fun making him that we make a smaller one for Grandma and Grandpa.  Cannon kept us company at the dining table at every meal.  We finally had to escort him outside, into the garbage can when he developed a couple of moldy spots a few days ago.  He sure was fun to have around!   

2 comments:

Julie said...

What fun ideas!

Raya said...

I am so impressed with both your turkey and the Thanksgiving tree. You are an amazing Mom! Love, Grandma Jones