It was my week to teach Tyson's preschool and what fun it was. I love Christmas so I really enjoyed coming up with crafts and games for the boys to play. I had so much fun I had to post this!
One of the boys was unable to come the first day so there are only six of them here. We sure missed him!
The first day we painted snowman photo ornaments, and made beaded candy cane ornaments. The lesson for the day was on service and giving and the letter that was taught was the letter "C" (thus the candy canes). I made some candy cane reindeer for each of them to take home and for the service and giving portion of the lesson I made little mangers for each of the boys and gave them each a bag of straw and a little baby Jesus. Their assignment for the week was to do nice things, give extra hugs and kisses, etc. and for each kind deed they were to put a piece of straw in the manger. The goal was to get enough straw in the manger to make it nice and soft for when they placed baby Jesus in it Christmas morning. Tyson was having fun with it all week and milking it a bit but he was really trying to make the manger as soft as possible.
The second day was our Christmas party, filled with lots of fun stuff. First we played pin the nose on Rudolf, then we made marshmallow snowmen. We played "Freeze" where the boys danced around to Christmas music until the music stopped, at which point they had to freeze in place. That was entertaining to say the least. Our final game was the "snowball toss". Basically it was the beanbag toss only they tossed marshmallows. Things were pretty chaotic most of the time but hopefully the boys all had a good time!
As they left they all got their own personalized little stocking filled with candy and their snowman ornaments with their pictures in them. Their ornaments each turned out so cute!
1 comments:
How fun! You can tell the boys were having a great time. You are so creative, Valerie!
Post a Comment